Friday, December 17, 2010

[f.g.i.] Presents: My 12 Favorite Christmas Movies

Christmas is a hectic whirlwind of stress, hence why I haven't gotten around to publishing very many posts this month. In honor of the holiday, here's a list of my personal favorite Yuletide films. Enjoy!


1) "A Christmas Story"
Every year, my family would tune the TV to whatever channel was playing this movie back-to-back. And you know what? I don't remember getting sick of it. Ever. I can't simply run through the list of gold nuggets, but there are plenty of them to keep "A Christmas Story" at the top of my list.

2) "The Nightmare Before Christmas"
I've been watching this movie every year since I was 10. I fell in love with Tim Burton right away, and this movie is a real classic. Danny Elfman's score is arguably one of his best.

3) "Home Alone"
I love watching this movie during the holidays. I can't think of a single dull moment in the movie. I absolutely love everything about it, especially the scenes with the pizza delivery guy.

4) "Love Actually"
Why do the Brits make better romantic comedies than us? Two words: Hugh Grant. This movie is sweet and funny, and it certainly gives you warm , fuzzy feelings inside after you watch it.

5) "The Santa Clause"
The first installment of this kid's franchise is awesome! Back in Tim Allen's heyday, that is. I always remember the part when he goes to the doctor and attempts to run on the treadmill. Good times.

6) "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
I'm a fan of all of the "Vacation" movies, so naturally, this one is especially fun to watch during the holidays.

7) "A Muppet Christmas Carol"
Michael Caine makes a great Ebeneezer Scrooge, and it's even better that he's surrounded by Muppets. I love the music in it, too.

8) "Elf"
Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf didn't make me laugh to first (or second time), but I've come to like this movie.

9) "Bad Santa"
Keep the kids away from TV when you watch this one. Billy Bob Thornton doesn't always have to be a NASA commander or government official, geez! He's quite funny as the con man who plans to rob stores on Christmas Eve.

10) "The Polar Express"
Certainly a wonder in computer animation! This is what happens to kids who stop believing in Santa - all aboard!

11) "Babes in Toyland" (1986)
Drew Barrymore and Keanu Reeves star in this made-for-TV special. Who doesn't want to live in a town where you can visit all of your favorite fairytale characters? The elusive Toymaker teams up with Drew and Keanu to defeat the evil Barnaby Barnicle.

12) "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" (2000)
Jim Carrey does a great job as the Grinch, inserting his signature humor into the film. It's colorful and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...